Thursday, March 13, 2008

A topic for Master Thesis

For the master thesis in the summer semester 2008, I am looking for an interesting topic. There are three different fields in my specialization area (http://lgis.informatik.uni-kl.de) from which I have to choose one:

1. Database and information system: The DBIS research group, lead by renowned DB researcher Prof. Haerder, has two fundamental research areas:
    • XML database (XTC project): Most of the employees and students are engaged in this project. The basic idea is to build us a transactional multi-user native XML database system.
    • DB Caching: to reduce the response time specially in the Internet DB applications.
2. Heterogeneous Information System: There are several interesting projects going on under the leadership of Prof. Dessloch who has recently won the "IBM Faculty Award 2007" for his distinctive contribution to the DB research. The Caro project deals with change management of large scale enterprise information system.

3. Dependable System: This working group is lead by Prof. Andreas Reuter

Among all on-going research areas XML database system interests me most. I have been first acquainted with XML in early 2001. Since then, its emergence in various fields drew my attention. I am focusing mostly on working with some conceptual topic rather than some programming staff. Probably, I am going to choose a topic in XTC project.

No comments:

Post a Comment